Okay, so I will have to post some pictures of the wonderous event. We started potty training last Monday, or should I say, I started potty training the girls on Monday of last week. I read a really good book that my sister in law suggested. I even went to the library and got cute little potty books and animated videos about going to the potty. So we started our adventure. I decided to potty train both of them at once. I waited a little longer waiting for Bailey to catch up to Aislynn and when I thought they were both ready we started. Lets just say the week was very adventful. Big girl panties during the day(except for naps and nighttime, then it's pull ups) potties in the living room and we were off. The first week was touch and go. When I would be helping Bailey flush her s down the toilet Aislynn would take off and pee on the floor somewhere, or vice versa. Our poor carpet is in serious need of some cleaning. I never got mad, never lost my temper though just postive reinforcement, like all the books say. I didn't go anywhere for a week. Just stayed at home working on our potty skills. Well, yesterday was the first day of no accidents, except of course at naptime, but hey thats alright. Today no accidents either. It's finally getting there. I really wanted the girls to be potty trained before the next baby came. I just could not see myself changing three pairs of diapers a day. They have worked really hard. They have been such good troopers during the whole thing. I of course as an adult forgot how hard it was to learn to use the toilet. My girls have opened my eyes, as the often do, to how many things I take for granted. Like getting up and using the bathroom without really thinking about it. Of course we got cute little underwear with bugs and flowers and butterflies. Bailey always tells herself"we don't pee pee on our bugs". So it has been a very cute and trying time. We still have a ways to go as far as night time and naps go, but the day time is great. What smart kiddos I have. Sometimes I feel so sad that they really are growing up. They can have very intelligent conversations with me. Sure it may consist of potties, or babies or animals or coloring, but it is still the highlight of my day. Bailey and Aislynn have started fighting over me and adam now. "no that's my mommy", "no that's my daddy" and even though they push eachothers buttons like no tomorrow it makes me smile with pride and gratitude that they chose me to be their mommy. I see them copy what I do and what I say. Sometimes it just cracks me up. I often lay awake at night thinking of all the wonderful great things we did that day. I am also very greatful they have a wonderful daddy who loves them. When he comes in that door after working, he is all they want to see. He swings them and dances with them and cuddles and kisses them. He lets them know that they are his princesses. What is even better is that they know they are. Relationships between fathers and daughters are so important. They start at such a young age. He will be their world. He will be the very first man they ever love. l They wil
3 comments:
Potty training time is F-U-N. I had Eliza down perfect back in September when she learned. She was prefect until mid October. Then, after an unforunately scary incident with an automatic flushing potty (flushed under her and scared her to death) she just quit. She is back in diapers right now, but thankfully she won't poop in them. That, at least, she'll do on the toilet. I think the hardest part is being postive and happy. I get frustrated sometimes because I KNOW she knows how to do it (she was PERFECT) but right now chooses not to. Oh well. Now I know what it's like to have two in diapers. It sucks.
Good for you! I am planning on doing that during Spring Break--so I have another month. We did buy some Thomas undies (which he calls panties because the daughter at the babysitter's has panties. "No, underwear," I said. "Underwear panties," he said. Oh well.) But he wears them over the diaper, which is probably not allowed.
Congrats on th potty training. Yes, the concentrated one-week to 2 weeks plan is the way o do it. I've got a few realatives who dragged out the potty training thing over weeks and months and it was a real pain (especially when we had to babysit for them). My wife said to one of them, "Just let me watch your kid for a week and I'll have her potty trained." They didn't take her up on the offer (unfortunately). But I can't imagine potty training 2 at a time. Ugh...Honors to you for getting through it alive.
Post a Comment