CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Big Girls






Ever since Cecely has been born I have noticed how my two older girls are getting so much bigger. Not just growing, but growing up. They can successfully go number one and two on the potty. They can pull their own pants on and off when they do go. They only thing I have to do is wipe their little bottoms. The can drink out of big girl cups. They can for the most part brush their teeth, with a little extra help from me. They pick out their outfits. They can do their puzzles and say their ABC's. They fold their arms and can follow us in prayers. In church they know that the Sacrament is "Jesus' bread and water". They can get up into their carseats and buckle (and unbuckle much to my dismay) their seat belts. This last Sunday I was cleaning up the Primary room and putting away the microphone and Aislynn had just come from Nursery. She saw I had the microphone and immediately took it and started singing into it "I am a Child of God". At night when they are tucked into bed they say "I love you Mom and Dad". I love you mucho is usually what they say. They can eat with spoons and forks. They can put their shoes on, and on the right feet no less. They give incredible hugs and kisses. They know when mom and dad are happy or sad. They love eachother. They play and fight so well. They are constantly asking, "what's that Mom? "what are you doing mom? "mom what are you eating"? That usually means that they want some of whatever I am eating. I remember not being able to wait for their first spoonfuls of rice cereal, their first step or word. I couldn't wait until they were potty trained or until they could tell me what they wanted or what hurt. Now, it seems like it all went to fast. They are growing up whether or not I want them to, it is happening. Aislynn came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "momma your my good friend". Bailey is so good with her little sister. Aislynn is too, but she tends to be a little more rough with her. Bailey will stroke her head and talk to her. She brings her toys. Cecely already loves her sisters. She gives them big smiles and talks to them. I see Cecely getting bigger. She laughs and smiles. She coo's and has some great fat rolls. I almost just want to breathe in her babyness. I know before long it will be gone too. I am very proud of my little girls. I love the fact that they are growing up to be little girls. They test me to my limits and fill my heart with overwhelming joy. I am in awe of them everyday. Here's to my big girls. Momma loves you.

1 comments:

Emma said...

I completely agree with you. Audrey can do so much by herself. She is also so kind and loving to her brother, he is her "buddy." I love having a baby in the home. It makes me sad that he will grow up, I just love the babyness and our family how it is right now!