Well, it happened. Adam was laid off from work on Wednesday. It wasn't just Adam. His boss was also let go along with four other people. Adam felt like something like this might happen. Working in the consulting business as a hydrogeologist has been very hard this last little while with the way the economy has been. He hasn't had a project to bill to in over two months. We thought that the company would try and stick it out because they do have a very big project in the works but they couldn't wait and had to let most of the office go. Now comes the big questions. Where do we go? Finding another hydrogeology job is very hard. A lot of the companies are in the same situation as the one he worked with. They either aren't hiring or they are laying off. Adam could teach. He would have to get some certifications and he would love to teach however teachers are so underpaid. I don't think our family could survive on that salary. We have been checking into it and most of the teachers make less that half of what Adam made. It makes me very angry that our teachers are so under paid and under appreciated. We just bought a home over a year ago. I really do not want to have to move again. We have moved so many times. The girls were supposed to be starting school this year. I don't want to have to try and sell a home in this market. So we are praying very hard. We know the Lord knows where we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to do. We have to be patient and obedient and the answers will come. It is very hard though. It's not just ourselves that we have to think about. So, to everyone that reads my blog, please pray for us. I know it's a tough economy out there right now. Everyone is on pins and needles when it comes to their financial security. I guess it's time to ban together and pray for eachother. I am grateful to the Lord for everything he has done for our family and continues to do. We will keep everyone posted!!
7 comments:
Oh, Katrina. I'm sorry. That just stinks. Could he teach and maybe do something part time until jobs start opening up again? I know it's not the ideal. But it's something, right? We'll keep you in our prayers that something opens up for you.
You will be in our prayers. I do hope he can find something before too long.
email me at smhuish@netzero.com OK?
Well that really stinks! Be sure and check with LDS job services in your ward and stake. There may not be something exactly like he is qualified for but there may be something. I will sure remember you in my prayers.
We are so sorry for the loss of job. We too have had to face that trial and so we can truly sympathize. If there is anything we can do to help we are there for you. We will keep you in our prayers. The Lord will provide, he always does.
That totally sucks! We know EXACTLY what you are going thru. Don't mean to dampen your spirits, but we are still trying to get on top of things since Pete's layoff. It's been over3 months that Pete has had a job now and I have been working since december, and we are still trying to stay afloat. We will pray for you and just do everything you can to cut your spending. If you need some advice or really just to talk call me. If you need my #'s email me. Hang in there, it gets scary but then will get better. We love you guys. Give the girls hugs. Cori
Sorry to hear that--you will definitely be in our prayers.
I am sorry to hear about Adam's job. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers.
Post a Comment