You know as I sit here and type this my house is so quiet.... I can hear my husband snoring in our room :) My children are all asleep. I went and checked on each one. I put covers on each of them, I kissed their foreheads, I put falling limbs back onto their beds.... I lingered longer at my precious 9 month old baby. She is so chubby and so precious just like each of my children.(well my other children technically aren't chubby anymore)
I realized something though as I checked on my children tonight. I am sure that I have felt it before, I am sure it's not a new feeling to me. I guess it just kind of struck me tonight as I looked at my precious family sleeping. PEACE. I am at peace. You know our lives have kind of been a whirl wind for the past little while. Between the job losses and moving and moving and moving.. Between the preeclampsia and the bed rest and our preemie little bundle of joy, life has been busy. Good but busy. All along the way we have been extremely blessed. I have felt Heavenly Father watching over our little family. My testimony has been strengthened by the many friends and family members who have helped us get to where we are today.
Sometimes I look at my four beautiful girls and I cannot believe that they are mine. I know that they are mine, I remember each of them as they came into our lives. Blessing us in ways that continue to melt my heart everyday. I am so grateful that each of them are sealed to us. That we are an eternal family. I am so grateful for my husband and how hard he works for our family. He is an amazing father. My girls have such a deep love for their dad and it warms my soul because each daughter should have that bond with their dad. The love that daughter's have for their dad's is a special and tender love and vice versa. I am so blessed to have all of them in my life. So as I look and listen to my family sleeping I feel peace. The days may sometimes be overwhelming. I rarely get done what I think I will for the day. Sometimes I feel like I have utterly failed as a mom.... but at the end of the day when all is said and done when everyone is sleeping and mom is still awake typing and remembering the day and all of it's blessings... I feel peace.
Long Time, No Blog!!
16 years ago



4 comments:
I love reading your blogs. you are the best person to turn to, to remember to embrace the simple things in life. Love you.
I love this sweet post. How many times to young mothers have these exact feelings. I was swept back to one night when my family was asleep and took a very rare opportunity to put my feelings down on paper.
Thanks for sharing your feelings and giving food for thought and reflection!
That is awesome Katrina. Just today I was thinking of everything I needed to do, and all I needed was to walk in the room where precious Chloe was and see her smiling at me. That smile of sheer joy after a good nap, you know the one! Babies (and sleeping children in general) have a way of reminding us how precious the simple things are, how life should be treasured. I often think that our loving Heavenly Father feels the same way as he watches over us sleeping each night. Have a great day, talk to you soon!
Great post--I heard a thought from Robert Millet, "peace cannot be duplicated, it can only come from a divine source, our Father in heaven."
Post a Comment