




Well the Peanut had her two month appointment yesterday. She passed with flying colors. She is 22 inches long. She is a shorty. That doesn't suprise me though all of my children have been short. I am not a giant you know. She is 12 pounds 9 ounces. She is a chunky monkey. I love it. There is nothing cuter than a rollie pollie baby. She smiles and coos. She is such a happy baby. She loves to listen to music and she loves her sisters. No matter how rough they can sometimes be with her she will still give them a great big smile. She loves it when her daddy comes home and he can spend some time with her. The proof is in the last picture. She had to get five shots yesterday. Three in one leg and two in the other. It was hard for mommy. No matter how many times you do this, it never becomes easy. In Utah, our pediatrician had a couple of nurses that would come in and each had a needle and they would get it over with in one shot. However here there was just one nurse so it was five pokes one right after the other. She did okay though. She was a trooper. She ate at eight last night and went to bed at around 10. I tried to feed her before she went down but she wouldn't have it. She slept until 8:00 this morning. I could not believe it.
She is growing by leaps and bounds. She is a wonderful baby and so much fun to be around. Her sisters love her and love to give her big hugs and kisses everyday. Our lives seem to be getting back to normal again. Whatever normal is. The girls no longer take naps. They just play the whole time and Bailey had another "playing in the poop" episode. She hasn't done it for so long. They end up falling asleep on the couch around 3:30 or become so angry and tired and frustrated at eachother that it becomes like a wrestling match. I have realized that I have more children than arms. Cecely often gets interrupted in feedings by mama having to discipline someone, or break up a fight, or kiss a boo boo. Thank heavens she is a patient baby for the most part. We miss our friends and family. We wish you could be here with us. I hate the fact that my children are growing up with out any family around. More pictures coming soon!!!



5 comments:
She is just so cute, Trina! I know what you mean about the shots in Utah versus outside the sate - our Pediatrician in Utah did the same thing - all in one, or at the most two pokes. But here in Washington they do the same thing poor Cecely had to go through - 4 or 5 separate needles. Torture. I hate it too.
You know what I do about nap time? I have "quiet time" for Eliza every day at about 2 pm. She doesn't have to sleep, but she does have to stay on her bed. She can read books, listen to stories or nursery rhymes, draw with those color wonder markers, or whatever - but on her bed. Nine times out of ten she falls asleep within about 10 minutes - but heaven forbid we call it naptime. "Quiet time" is my saving grace. The secret, if you decide to try it, is to be really consistent and strict about the staying in bed part. Eliza doesn't even try to get up now.
Trina, your ggm Dottie sent this to me so that I could get your address - the real one. I am a friend of Jay Kriling who lived across the street from John & Dottie. Cecely was put on prayer list at the UMC annual conference and I have a prayer shawl I'd like to send to you for her after it is blessed this weekend. janemillette@yahoo.com
I know what you mean about no nap time. Audrey doesn't do as well as Eliza with quiet time. If i don't do some seperation from me by 5 o'clock I am going crazy. I am sorry about the poop thing. You probably want to watch her every second but just can't. Hopefully she grows out of this stage soon.
Emma
Cute as a button! That will be us next week.
Ahh, the joys of having 3 kids...Oh well, give Cecely a year or so, then she'll be getting her revenge on the other girls.
Very cute pics.
Our pediatrician here in UT doesn't do the all-at-once thing. We always come home with 3 or 4 bandaids on the kids legs.
Oh well.
Post a Comment