CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Hooray for Book Clubs!!

As many of you know I am in a Book Club that consists of women from my ward. We get together once a month to review and discuss books that we have selected to read. We have refreshments, we get away from kids and housework and everything else and get to just talk about good books and have good conversation. I really enjoy my book club. It's women whom I admire and respect. They love books like I do. They do not think that I am weird because I love to just sit and read and read and read. I usually do it at night, during the day of course is impossible. I love to just escape and let my imagination run wild. It is also so nice to have some really good book suggestions every month.
I also know that the books I am reading are good books, morally and everything else. I wanted to share some of our book suggestions with everyone just in case you were looking for a good book!!!

The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim

So, read away!!! Let me know what you think of these books. Book reviews are always welcome! If you have any good suggestions please let me know!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

We were thinking of starting one here. I was trying to figure out where we would get our book ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Aubry Wilkes said...

My bookclub has been around for almost ten years now... Lori Robinson has the list of all the books we've read. I have so many favorites... I will have to tell you about some of them.