



Well, as most of you can see my children hit the mother load this year when it came to presents. Adam and I of course bought them some, Santa brought them some, grandparents got them some. Grandma and Grandpa Bingham got them some very cool pink huffy bikes!! That was the first thing they noticed as they came downstairs. They were a big hit. Christmas was wonderful, incredible, magical, whimsical, and will be a Christmas that we never forget. This is our Christmas story.....As many of you know we had a very special "Christmas Angel" who came to our door every night or sometimes day, for 12 days. My girls thought this was the best thing ever. They would go to bed every night waiting to see what our Christmas Angel would bring. They would often ask me if I could see "her". It has to be a her, my children quickly pointed out to me, because she is like a beautiful fairy with wings, and she can fly so fast we cannot see her when she drops off our presents at the door. My family was so blessed to have this wonderful angel come to our door, we received so many wonderful things and truly felt the spirit of Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we got back from a very long day of last minute shopping. The girls were tired, we were tired everyone was exhausted. It's probably our fault for doing last minute shopping on Christmas Eve, but we did it anyway. We had not been home all day so I thought that maybe our Christmas Angel had dropped off our last bag of goodies. I have to admit I was a little sad we would not be receiving anymore visits from our friend. I had grown so attached to her. She made me even as an adult await with anticipation and excitement to see what clever things they had left at our door.
When I opened the door I stood in absolute shock and amazement. At my door was a huge black trash bag filled to the brim with wrapped presents. Wrapped presents my dear readers!!! There was also a bag filled with other goodies left as well. The presents were all neatly wrapped, and named!! They were big presents and the girls eyes were wide and their little hands grabbed each one and shook them and smelled them and just devoured them. Of course we knew we had to wait until the next day to open them, but I will tell you I haven't been so excited since I was a child at Christmas. I didn't know what these packages held. As a parent you are so used to knowing what everything is under the tree. That is what we do. We stay up way to late wrapping and wrapping and organizing and knowing what every gift is. I did not know, I was at a loss for words. The little bag that came with the gifts had gift certificates inside. We had some for Fry's grocery and some for Borders. There was also a 40.00 bill in a card that was left for us.
Adam and I stared at each other in absolute awe. We could not believe that we were the recipients of such kindness, such goodness. Our children were apart of what the true meaning of Christmas is, and was so many years ago when Heavenly Father sent his son in the form of a new born baby to us to live and eventually die. Giving us the greatest gift that this world will ever know.. The gift of forever, the gift of repentance, the gift of the atonement.
Christmas morning came. Presents were unwrapped. Bailey had the stomach flu and spent most of her time on the potty. I had to run to the only 24 hour Walgreens to get some Children's Imodium. The girls got some incredible gifts. The gifts that were most special, had the most value to our girls where those precious gifts from our Christmas Angel. They received dolls, beautiful dolls with corn silk hair. They also received my little pony everything you could possibly imagine, and even a Dr. kit so they could operate on Max(our dog). We had my parents over. The girls got to ride their bikes. They had so much fun, and so did we. Snapping pictures and taking videos, you know all the stuff a parent normally does on Christmas. However this was not a normal Christmas. This is a Christmas that we will remember forever.
Christmas Angel I do not know who you are. I do not know how your Christmas turned out, or what things were under your tree. I do know one thing.. We love you. You have made our Christmas one of the most memorable. One of the most spiritual. We will miss you. We will miss the kindness that only Christmas brings. We will try to incorporate the unselfishness, the kindness and the love that you showed our family to others all year round. You have embodied what our Savior came on this earth to teach. You have made his life, his teachings a part of your life and we in turn will do our part to be examples and emulate his life in our own. Thank you our magical friend and until next year may everyday be like Christmas.
"The dreams of childhood-its airy fables, its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond, so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown".
Charles Dickens



5 comments:
Wow, that is so inspirational to read. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful and blessed Christmas! With all those things, you may just need some help organizing! Hope your new year is just as blessed!
It has been so fun to feel the spirit of Christmas through your experiences this year. Thank you for sharing your great gift. I want to be a Christmas Angel!
What an absolutely wonderful gift of service someone did for your family. I can't even imagine how you must have felt at your door looking at those big bags...I'm sure you feel a true relationship with whomever it was. Your family was truly blessed. Love ya!
What a wonderful Christmas you all had. That is so humbling to experience the Christmas Angel and to have your children at an age where they can experience it too. I am missing Florida and our 'old' friends. Merry Christmas and we are wishing you a very Happy New Year!
What an awesome experience you had! Thank you for sharing it, it brought tears to my eyes!!!! Your family is definitely worthy of such a wonderful gift! I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment