
One of the great gifts that we received from our "Christmas Angel" was a gingerbread train set. The girls were very excited and wanted to put in together right away. We have done gingerbread houses with them for the past couple of years, so a train fit right in.

This is
Cecely enjoying the fruits of the gingerbread train. Does she look happy or what? Notice her "night night" or blanket in adult language. She has to have it right behind her when she eats. Basically anywhere she goes her trusty "night night" goes as well. It makes for a very dirty blanket. Its been washed a couple hundred times in its short life. I have learned though, never ever
separate a girl and her night night.

Adam and I helped put the train together, but the girls had free reign over where to put the decorations. We just opened the candy and let them go to town. They were very articulate about where everything went. It had to be just so. Santa would never have a gingerbread train that had lopsided wheels or a misplaced gumdrop, are you kidding? So here they are going to town.

They looked at the picture on the box and did a very good job placing each little piece of candy. They looked and thought and talked about it for a while, and then they started the masterpiece. It turned out very beautiful, and I think even Santa would be impressed.

Of course while building the train you must taste each candy and the frosting. Haven't you read the directions?? It's in there I promise. So the girls did a great job of tasting and finger licking!! The end product is the first picture on this post. I was very proud of them. They are quite the little gingerbread train makers. Of course right after this they wanted to eat it. So, I gave in and let them eat some of it. It was right before church and I really didn't want them bouncing off the walls during Sacrament. Of course they already do that anyway. It was great fun and lots of good eating(on the girls part). There is something about industrial frosting that is really nasty to me, so I never taste!!! Hope everyone is having a great season!!
We are still being visited by out "Christmas Angel". We have received so many wonderful things. I continue to be touched by our special visitor every day or night. The girls love it so much and are constantly talking about our Christmas Angel. They have to tell all of their friends and even Grandma. Last night we received some beautiful Christmas place mats. We continue to get a piece of Nativity every day. We make sure we yell out the door"thank you" in hopes that whoever this magical person is, they will hear us. Well time to start getting ready for the next couple of days!! We love you and Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
This is precious ... good girl to enjoy these special times!
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Looks like fun! I will add you to my list. Don't you love christmas!
Okay, so your phone number that I have is wrong... and your emails keep bouncing back at me. What's up with that?!? We are still in Phoenix until Monday the 5th and would LOVE to see you guys. However, (hold on - I've not blogged this yet) I'm expecting #3 - and Trina, you know how sick I am right now (11 weeks). I really don't think I can make the drive clear to Tucson and keep my cookies. Do you guys want to like meet part way for lunch or something on Sunday? (Sacralidge, I know!) Call us on Ethan's cell (360)689-5965
LOVE YOU!
What a great idea to give part of a nativity as a "Christmas Angel". It was fun to read about. I love the chocolate face picture. Cute girls!!
Post a Comment