CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving and full tummies!!

SO, we had a very low key Thanksgiving this year and it was wonderful. My brother and his wife came over and my parents were here. We decided to do it at our house because, well I love to do Thanksgiving and my brother and his wife were getting ready to move to Tennessee and my mom had just returned from her sisters funeral. I cooked the turkey and stuffing and gravy and everyone else brought yummy side items!! Alison, my brother's wife brought a yummy cobbler and also a broccoli casserole. we sat and talked and ate and ate and ate. The girls had a fun time with the food but Grandma had also brought Wall-e over for the girls to watch. So while they were watching we were talking and eating. We were stuffed!!! Such good food. It was bit sad as we knew this would be the last time we saw my brother or his wife for a while. I only have one brother so it was very sad for me. These are some pictures I snapped of everyone after the big feast. It was a lazy day!!!
My brother(Brock) and my mom with Cecely. Cecely loves her Grandma and has to be right with my mom wherever she goes. She is very sad when Grandma has to leave and go home. She will walk around the house calling "Mamma, Mamma". That is how she has Grandma. She calls me Mommy!!
The girls resting on the couch! It's not very often that you can get all three of them together being still!! I love my girls.
My brother and is cute wife Alison hanging out after the meal.
This is my dad and my brother. Grandpa had a great time with the girls too. He did horsey rides and let them sit on his lap. They had so much fun. I love that my family isn't so far away. Of course now that Brock is in Tennessee it will be a lot harder when the holidays roll around. The should be getting there today. We miss him and Alison already.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. I loved having my family here. We haven't been able to do that a lot in all of our years of moving. I do have so much to be thankful for this year. I am so grateful for a wonderful family who loves me and my family. I am grateful for our health and our home and especially my husbands job. I am so grateful that I can stay home with my children. I am so grateful for my children. They bring me so much joy. They truly make me a better person and make me realize what this life is about. I love my husband and am so blessed that he is such a kind and wonderful man to me and our children. I am so grateful for the wonderful country that I live in, and for those who protect it and give their lives for it. I am especially grateful for our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to see the tender mercies that come into my life everyday.

3 comments:

Joey and Jana said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! You are so awesome to host it at your house, and to do all the work that comes with it! I still have yet you attempt cooking a turkey myself! :) Someday, I guess...
It's neat to see pictures of your family too, so fun!

Linda said...

Katrina, what a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and your family with others. What part of Tennessee is Brock and his cute wife living in? The pictures were great--I'm glad your Thanksgiving was so wonderful.

Sharron said...

Great pics and now I realize how much I miss being in the library at church. I got to see your m om quite often and she would even bring in pictures some times.

I haven't seen Brock in a loooong time. He has changed a lot but at the same time looks just like Brock still!