CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas Angel

Someone in our ward has chosen our family to do a "Twelve days of Christmas". Every night for the past five nights we have received a ringer of our doorbell only to find a special package but no one there. Each package has contained very special gifts. The first night we received a pair of Christmas socks for each of the girls. On the second night we received two movie tickets(for me and Adam) and a piece of Nativity. The third night we received 4 chocolate Santa's and 4 gift certificates equaling 100 dollars and another piece of Nativity. The fourth night we received three hello kitties for the girls and another piece of Nativity. Last night we received 5 special little planters and seeds for the girls to plant and watch grow from the comfort of our own home. We do not know who our Christmas angel is, and we prefer it that way. Every night before the girls go to bed they ask about "Santa's brother", or the "Christmas Angel". They stay in their beds like good little girls waiting for the ring of the doorbell. They know that the next morning they will get to see what this magical little helper has brought to our family and it is better than Christmas morning to them.
Our family has felt truly blessed by this act of love and kindness. Times are hard. Money is tight for everyone yet they have chosen our little family to show this great act of love and unselfishness. I am brought back to the true meaning of Christmas. Something I learned as a child. Something that unfortunately with time has faded a little. Sometimes it becomes all about the gifts, stressing out that we don't have enough money to buy for everyone, or will they even like their gift? I forget, or not forget really but lose for a while, the true gift of Christmas. The greatest gift our Heavenly Father could have ever given to us, his son Jesus Christ. Because of that incredible gift I can have eternal life. I can be with my family forever. I will be resurrected. I can repent of my sins in this life and be able to live with My Father and brother again in the next life. What greater gift is there than this?

Thank you my Christmas Angel, wherever you are, whoever you are. Thank you for bringing back the true meaning of Christmas to our family. Thank you for listening to the promptings of our Heavenly Father and being a true "Angel" to our family.

4 comments:

Sharron said...

This is so neat! Our first Christmas we could not go and get our stuff in Holbrook because the roads were too icy and we didn't have $$ for gas anyway. we were also trying to pack and move into new to us HUD house while we worked and nursed all five of us with the flu. We got a ring and found Christmas on our doorstep. A tree, stand, lights, decorations, goodies ... the works. It had Jon and I both in tears at someone's thoughtfulness. THAT is one of our best Christmases!

Linda said...

What a great act of love and Christmas someone is doing for you. I felt the stirrings of the Christmas spirit reading your post, thanks for sharing.

Aubry Wilkes said...

Oh how wonderful for your family. I bet your girls are adorable waiting to see what each night brings. This season is the best!

Stacie said...

What a fun Christmas experience for your family. I hope you had a great holiday season! By the way, I love Aislynn's haircut. She looks so grown up!