As I was sitting and thinking today I realized something. I am a nomad. When Adam and I got married I had no clue where our life together was going to take us. I guess no couple really does at that stage in your lives. I knew that Adam was starting school, that he would be in school for six years and we just had to try and make it through those six years financially. Of course we were poor, we still are. That is not what bothers me. We have three beautiful girls and have been married for almost ten years. It will be ten in April. I feel like we have accompolished quite a lot in our few years. Adam did complete six years of school, he is currently working on his thesis. The one thing I guess I didn't expect was the amount of moving we would do. We have moved 10 times in our almost ten years of marriage. Ten times!!! My oldest girls have lived in Utah, Florida and Arizona. Cecely has lived in Florida and Arizona. We have moved and moved and moved and moved. Not something that I am very fond of. I hate packing, I hate the whole cleaning and throwing out process. I am not so good on the change thing. I try, oh believe me I try and with success I will tell you. So here we are again, maybe we are moving maybe we are not. We just bought our house a little over a year ago. I have the girls enrolled in school starting in August. I love our house, our ward and our neighborhood. I love the fact that my parents are just 45 minutes away. I love that my kids can see their grandparents and have grown to love them so much in this short period that we have been here. I guess though as someone put it in my ward, "living next to your parents is a luxury in these days". How true it is.
Adam hasn't been offered anything as of yet, but everything he has applied for is out of state. EVERYTHING!!!! There is nothing here. But yet there is a lot here for me. A lot that I just can't fathom giving up. But I will.... I knew that when Adam went to school we would have to move to where the jobs where. I knew this. However ten moves later do I like it?? No, not really. I would really love to be able to paint my walls and put fans up and put pictures up and know that they are permanent. That I can hang my hat longer than a year somewhere. Umm I guess such is the life of a nomad right. So, for now I will keep the song in my head that I learned as a child, "I will go where you want me to go". I am constantly reminded of how are lives truly are in the hands of the Lord. He is our gentle guider. Thank you for all of your prayers and concern. It has been wonderful. We love all of you!!!
Long Time, No Blog!!
16 years ago



6 comments:
I agree with you! Even though I haven't moved as nearly many times as you have, it is still hard. You get settled and comfortable only to pick up and do it all over again. One thing I have learned is that it all works out. You make dear friends wherever you go. I do understand what you are saying though. I hope everything turns out and that he gets a job soon. You are amazing!
Guess we all need to pray harder thatd a job here reaches out and grabs you!
If you do have to move, I am glad that you have had this time in Tucson. We spent just 17 months a few blocks from Jon's folks and in that time I and Grandma, who married into the family 4 months after I did, all became a family. We became comfortable and love each other as a family should.
We moved from there 28 1/2 years ago, but the bonds formed so long ago have just grown stronger.
Hang in there! You are in our prayers!
The sun is shining on your home, wherever that may be, here or elsewhere. If we could just get rid of those little annoyances, such as packing and saying "good-bye." It will all work out for the best!
Ohhh dear... I don't want you to go either. What will be will be... right? Isn't that the song? Que sera, sera! But oh! We want you to stay. We love you and your family... please know that I am praying for you.
Hey, I just did a count, and you and I are tied! 10 moves in 10 years of marriage! Except ours were just within Florida and Utah--no Arizona moves since being married...yet...(though my 7 Arizona moves in my childhood years are PLENTY for me). Good luck to you, and my prayers are with you guys.
As one who has moved way too much, I empathize, but know that you are being watched over for a new job! We'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment