So, my parents came to visit us the end of December. It was such a huge surprise and blessing. I really thought that they would not be able to come until the end of January, or maybe in February for the blessing. They surprised us! Of course I knew that my mom wouldn't be able to hold out for very long without seeing her new grand daughter. It was very hard for her not to be here with me with everything that I went through. They have my granny that lives with them and it is very hard to go anywhere or find anyone to watch her if they need to leave.
While I was going through the whole preeclampsia thing my mom would call and text and so would my dad everyday. Of course I had Dr. appts everyday to monitor the blood pressure and the protein in the kidneys and liver. Everyday I could expect a call or text from my parents to find out what was going on. It was so nice to have them checking up on me. They were also worried about Devonney. It was so nice to have them come and see our newest little angel. My dad could not believe that she was so tiny. He kept telling her that he couldn't believe something so little caused so much worry(but then he would tell her that she was worth it). They brought great gifts for the older girls. Lots of fun games and books.
My dad busted out the banjo and we sang and played while the girls danced! It reminded me of when I was growing up. There was always music going on in our house, whether it be the banjo or the guitar. Lots of great memories and I am so glad we can share those with our children. My mom got to hold and snuggle Devonney as much as she wanted. It was so great! There is something so special about having your parents here when you have your kids. Not to mention that the older kids loved having grandpa and grandma here! We miss them already but can't wait for Grandma and Grandpa Bingham to come visit in February!



6 comments:
I miss your mom and dad, too. I have yet to run into them since we've been back in Tucson. They look great. And your little one is so beautiful, along with the other girls. Can you believe you are a mom of 4 young daughters? I can still see you skipping across the stage with "Toto" singing, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"!
Congratulations on your newest addition to your family. I'm sorry about everything you guys had to go through, but Davonney (sp?) is just beautiful! What a neat and scary story.
Great pictures Katrina! Devonney is beautiful... just like her big sisters. I am so glad you are all well and happy!
I like the picture of your mom surrounded by her grand daughters. I think Devonney is starting to look like Cecely. There have been many weeks during this pregnancy that I have talked to my mom every day. It has been such a comfort to me. Unfortunately, she even listened to me throw up over the phone. Have a great day!
BTW we have a new blog address http://blog.enszer.com
Your mom and dad look great. Haven't seen them in a long time. And such beautiful daughters you have. So blessed :)
Post a Comment