CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Swim Lessons

This summer would not be complete without swim lessons. My really good friend and I go to the Rec center here and stand or sit rather in line for over 2 hours just so we can have our kiddos in swim lessons. It is well worth it. It is such a nice diversion for two weeks. Plus the kids come home and are exhausted. This year we had Aislynn and Bailey in a class at 10 in the morning and then Cecely was in a class at 10:45. So my friend and I ended up staying for almost two hours everyday. With five kids it was always interesting that is for sure. This is Bailey and Trevor on the last day of swim. They get to have a free day where they can go down the slides and off the diving boards.
This is my water baby Cecely. She loved her swim lessons. Here she is swimming under water. I was worried when I put her in swim that she wouldn't want to do it, but she proved me wrong and I am so glad! She made some really good friends in her class.
This is what Paxton did for the swim lessons. He just slept mostly. Or he would look around and smile and coo. He is such a laid back baby. It made it so nice since I was basically running around the pool area trying to keep Devonney from jumping into the big pool.
Another water baby of mine. This is the kiddy pool. While the big kids were in their lessons the little kids had fun splashing around in the little pool. The swim instructors were nice enough to always let us have some toys and things for the little ones to play with. Devonney loved the water and didn't mind going under at all. She is my no fear girl that is for sure.

Here is Cecely getting ready to go off of the diving board. She was brave. I had to coax her a couple of times but after that she was ready to do it on her own. She did a great job and loved her teacher and her friends. Even though it was a little tough sometimes to wrangle five kids it was well worth it. My children love to swim and are learning to love the water. I grew up swimming and loving the water. Some of my fondest memories are in the water with my dad. I hope my kids can have great memories like that too!

0 comments: