Okay, so no pictures. I need to take some more. I haven't been able to take any specifically of Aislynn. So we will hold off for a couple of days on pictures. I thought instead I would write some very cute things that my children have been doing lately. Now, before I had children I would often wonder about having them. What kind of wonderous joy would they bring to my life? What kind of mother would I be? What examples would I take from my parents and use in the upbringing of my children. I wondered what kind of father my husband would be. I knew he would be a great father, but until you actually see him in that role, it tends to be a little bit of a mystery. I knew that our children would bring us joy. What joy though I could not possibly fathom. Now that I am a mother and both of our kids are past the baby stage, they amaze me everyday with how smart and wonderful and just down right funny they are. Yesterday we were all playing on the floor. This tends to be the typically day. Mommy on the floor with the two toddlers. Aislynn was playing with two sippy cups that were empty and Bailey and I were playing with blocks. Aislynn accidentally dropped the sippy cups on her toe, and all the world came crashing down. She started crying and got made at the sippy and threw it. So of course I went to her and picked her up and kissed her toes and made it all better as only mommies can do. Bailey of course was still sitting on the floor and observing everything that had just transpired. So she grabs the cup and drops it and falls down on the floor and starts fake crying. How smart is that?? So I go and give her loves too and let her know that everything will be okay and I kiss her chubby little toes. The world is now a better place and both of my kids can now go on playing on the floor, reassured that mommy loves them(and daddy too), but most of all that owies and boo boos can be kissed away. Aislynn has become quite the little biter. She hasn't bit anyone but her sister. When Bailey gets in her way or takes a toy that Aislynn wants, she will bite to get it back, or bite to get Bailey out of the way. So of course this calls for a time out which consists of putting her in her crib and explaining to her that we do not bite our sissy that we are nice and soft to our sissy. She will then spend about 5 minutes in her crib to think it over, or do whatever toddlers do when they are in time out. In her case it consists of licking the wall behind her crib to watch the saliva run down it. During this time of course Bailey is screaming bloody murder and her arm is flaming red. I of course try to console her and kiss it but all she wants is her sissy. She screams for her sissy and will crawl to her door and bang on it. She doesn't understand why I put her in there. Even though her sister just bit her, she still loves her and her sissy is all she wants. SO after the time out Aislynn comes out and gives her sissy and big hug and kiss and says Sorry. Now it is all better and the world can begin again. Everyday I am amazed by the bond these two little sisters share. Of course Adam and I knew from the instant that we find out about Aislynn that her and Bailey were supposed to be together. As I look at them playing(when they are being nice to eachother) I wonder, did they choose eachother? Were they incredible friends in Heaven? Could they not stand the thought of being apart so much they decided to be earthly sisters?? Did they choose Adam and I to be their parents? What do they remember about Heaven? I often catch them talking to eachother in their own little language, using some english words that I can make out and I wonder what they are saying. I really had no idea the happiness that being a mother would bring into my life. I thought I knew, but I had no idea. We are blessed. This much I know. It really is quite humbling to look at these sweet spirits that have been entrusted into our care, and know that really they are only on loan. They are our Heavenly Fathers children, just as we all are. How greatful I am though that He thought of myself and Adam when He was handing out blessings that day.......
0 comments:
Post a Comment