CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sick baby

Sorry I have not posted for a while. Our little Cece was admitted to the hospital Wednesday night for RSV. She was finally released yesterday. It has been a whirlwind around here. Someone of course had to be with her all the time up at the hospital. Poor baby had to have oxygen and had an IV put in her food, not to mention a spinal tap or lumbar puncture as they put it. She had to and still has to have breathing treatments with a nebulizer every 4 to 6 hours. She has to take an awful steroid orally every 12 to open her lungs that makes her throw up everything. We have to beat on her chest and back to help loosen up the congestion. Right now we just have to wait and see. She seems to be getting a lot better. Not such an awful cough or congestion. She has her appetite back and actually gained some ounces she has lost in the hospital. It has not been a fun time at our house. However I am hoping that all will become normal again soon. My other two princesses need lots of attention and love. They are finally glad to have their little sister back. They were not allowed to come to the hospital to see her. It was a complete sterile environment. The nurses and Dr. were incredible to my sweet baby. In times like these it makes you appreciate the medical field. I know the nurses are under paid and overworked, but they were the most incredible group of people. They were very comforting to this mother in my time of need. Thank you to all of the prayers that went out on our behalf. I know that is why she is here with us now. It was very scary but I felt all the love and comfort of a kind Heavenly Father. We love and miss our friends and family especially in times like these.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CECE, IS A BEAUTFUL GIFT FROM GOD.
AND WE ARE SO HAPPY THAT SHE IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER ,AS HER GREAT GRANDMOTHER IT SCAREY WHEN YOU ARE FAR AWAY BUT PRAYER AND FAITH WORKED WONDER ,AND ALL OF US THANK EVERY ONE FOR THIER PRAYER.
TRINA AND ADAM ARE SPECIAL AND CAREING PARENTS.

Anonymous said...

So sorry that happened--I think I told you I went through that with Isaac for a UTI at around the same age, and it broke my heart to see him there. I'm very grateful she's going to be all right! Not what you'd expect in June, is it? Praying for you too--

Heather said...

RSV - geese Trina. What a mess you have on your hands. Poor baby. I feel so bad for her. She is so little and her immunities are just so weak. No wonder she got RSV in June. A cold from her sisters probably opened her up and made her susceptible. The humidity can't help either. I wish I were closer to help out. Can I do anything for you? Keep an eye on your mail next week, I am sending you another package. This time it's for you.