CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thank Heavens for morning prayers

Adam and I have tried desperately to make a habit of saying our evening and morning prayers together. Of course a lot to times he comes home late from work, so it will just be the girls and I, but then later that night we will say our "couple" prayers together. Ever since listening to conference I have just felt this overwhelming feeling that we should be trying harder to do these things in our home. Adam is never home on Monday nights, he always gets home late, so I am trying to do family home evening with the girls. They really do love it, I just have to be patient and realize of course that things just never go the way you imagine they will. Sunday's we can't do family home evening because we get home from church at 5:00 and then we eat and the kids are ready for bed. Needless to say we are trying very hard to do what we should as a family. Conference always gives me the jump start that I need to "fix" things that we know we should be doing but have let fall by the wayside.

I have also started to have my own personal prayers in the morning. I mostly pray for things like "help me be a patient mommy today, help me have the energy I need to play and play and play with my kids, help me teach them things that they need to be learning, help them to know how much I love them and how much I rely on them to keep me grounded, please Heavenly Father help me to learn from them, let me drink in their innocence, their unconditional love and their meekness. I am so glad for these morning prayers. I feel closer to my Heavenly Father, and closer to my children. Most of all, they help me to be a patient mommy, a loving mommy. On days like yesterday I am so grateful for morning prayers. This is how my day went yesterday:

Morning:
Bailey gets into kitchen sink and proceeds to get water ever where, not to mention the Cheerios from the mornings breakfast all over the floor.

ten minutes later while I am still cleaning up that mess, Bailey proceeds to go into the bathroom and get a towel and completely soak it in the sink, then she takes all of her little Pet Shop toys and puts them in the sink and uses basically all of the soap to give them bath.

five minutes later, Aislynn waited to long until she had to go potty, and wearing pants that are a little harder to get off, she proceeded to spray pee all over the toilet seat and all over the rug, which by the way I just finished cleaning and getting out of the dryer.

While I am cleaning up urine and a big wet mess in the bathroom Cecely proceeds to get a toilet paper roll out of the laundry room and throw it in Max's doggie bowl and by the time I realized it the roll had completely soaked up all of Max's water.

Okay, so then about 45 minutes later while I am putting laundry in the washer( the urine stained rug, the wet towel and other things) Cecely got into the pantry and proceeds to get everything in her reach and throw it on the ground. Well, one of them happened to be a yellow cake mix that busted everywhere. She decided to do finger paints and eat it while I am doing laundry. I came in to find her very proud of herself and very happy and the huge mess on the floor.

Bailey(can you tell there is a pattern here) gets my lip gloss out of my purse and proceeds to put in on all of her toys, and thinks that it is like paint, not to mention she she put in on Cecely. Let just say they were both sticky gooey messes.

This all happened before 10:00 in the morning. Through all of it, I kept my temper. I lovingly, but sternly talked to my two older children. I let them know that I loved them very much, but of course mommy was not at all happy with the messes. Cecely, well she is a baby-toddler. I just kind of grin and bear it with her. I gave my children lots of hugs, lots of kisses, lots of cuddles. Bailey told me she was sorry, "so sorry mom, I won't make messes anymore". I am now being greeted by my two older children. One has a dog leash on her dresses, the other is walking her. "We are going Halloween picking mom". " My dog is a good dog. Do you want to pet her?"



All I have to say is Thank Heavens for morning prayers.

5 comments:

Jana said...

I love those kind of days. The ones where you didn't accomplish anything you wanted, but kept your cool and that is all that you need to know to feel accomplished! Being a mom is a hard but worth while job!

Emma said...

Your kids are very busy! I really need to be better at morning prayers! Thanks for the reminder.

Sharron said...

Hi Katrina! E am sharron, Mariah's mom. I saw you cmment on her blog and came hunting. When i saw your name on Angie's blog and thought of you, but decided what are the chances ... who knew.

I didnt get through all the archive posting, but you do have a darling family young lady! I have missed getting updates from your mom when I was the ward librarian. Glad for blogs!

Joey and Jana said...

You are such a good Mom! I didn't know how you managed to keep on top of those cute little girls, but now I do! Thanks for sharing that, You're amazing!

Stacie said...

Sounds like you have your hands full...and I bet you couldn't be happier.