
Alright, so most of you know that I have been losing weight for a little while now. I have been bombarded with the pleas of family and friends for a picture of me!! I hate pictures. I don't care what my weight is, but I know they are important for posterity and all that good stuff. I am down 60 pounds. It hasn't been easy and I have lots to go, but it's a good start. I feel so much better, excercising is easier, playing with my kids is easier. I feel better about myself, I can fit into clothes that I haven't worn in over 6 years. Most of all I am trying to be an example to my Young Women that I teach. Last year towards the end of the year we gave a lesson about taking care of our bodies. We talked about how our bodies were temples that our Heavenly Father put them together with such care. I know that Heavenly Father has been on my side this entire time that I have started treating my body better. I could not do this alone. Sometimes it is hard, frustrating and sometimes way too slow!!! Could someone please invent a body slimming machine that takes it all off in like one day! I still have to cook for my family and live in a world where treats and sugar are everywhere. I take it one day at a time. That is all I can do. Thank you for everyone who gives me support in this. Especially my hubby!. My girls tell me I look beautiful everyday and ask me why I excercise so much( ha ha). Here's to a healthier 2009!!!



13 comments:
Katrina, way to go! From one who struggles with good food choices I know the difficulty you have faced and will continue to face, but, it can be done. You will come off conqueror! And if you're stuck or need to talk, give me a call or email. Love ya, Linda
Trina! you look great! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel?! I have removed (I say removed because I never want to find my 'lost' weight again) almost 35 lbs since moving back to Utah. I feel so much better and I don't tire as easliy. I want to say Kudos to you for a great accomplishment. Way to go! If you ever need any support or encouragement, just give me a call or email. Keep it up! Love ya!
Hey! I'm proud of you. We too are trying to be more concious of what we do to our bodies. Now we are only like 20 pounds overweight BUT we try to think of avoiding health problems in our old age by taking care of them now. Scott's parents have not taken care of their bodies and they have HUGE health problems. We want to feel good our whole life if we can control it. Keep it up! (I hope that I can loose the 20 if I keep up with come changes I made for the better.)
Trina, You look awesome! You always did! I just ate a bar of chocolate, and now I won't go get the rest of it! You are an inspiration! Love ya and keep up the good work!
you are amazing! and you inspire me... I think it's great that your girls see you exercise... then they see that it is important.
I thought you looked awesome when we saw you last month. Wow. 60 pounds is amazing... make sure you give yourself kudos for those 60 they are impressive unto themselves. You are amazing... and with three kids under foot - WOW!
Katrina, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out! And just an amazing woman overall! Great job! Love you! ~Jana
CONGRATS!! My mom has been fighting with her weight too. She was so excited when she could announce that she was only over weight not obese anymore. I've watched her battle and fight through it, in addition to trying to keep her diabetes in check. 60 pounds is a huge accomplishment, I'm soooo happy for you! Keep up the good work, what an inspiration you'll be for the young women you work with. Good Luck and take care.
Trina you look fantastic! Congratulations...all that hard work is definitely paying off!
Great job! Amanda and I have been doing well on our weight loss, too. It is tough getting past the temptations of all the delicious food out there. But at least for us, we've found that after a few weeks of eating healthy, we don't crave treats or fast food nearly as often, and when we DO give it, we feel like it wasn't worth it (as for me, I got SO sick the other day when we ate burgers and fries, which was awesome actually, cause now I have NO desire to eat a burger!)
Keep it up!
So, I see that A.J. Bell commented. That very well may be the AJ Bell I used to work with at 8fish. Crazy!
Hmm...talked to AJ...must've been a family member of his using his account, perhaps? Still an interesting "small world" situation.
I am so proud of you! The picture looks wondeful, but hten you have always been such a pretty girl.
I'm glad that you are making this choice now instead of putting it off. It will serve you in your life, help you teach your girls to make the same choices adn keep your self esteem higher. At this young age, you won't get all the sags that come with weight loss when you older!
Keep up the good work, make sure you are doing it in a way that you can hang on to, and love yourself!!!
Trina, I'm SO proud of you! 60 lbs...that's a lot! I just hit my first 15 lbs and I feel awesome -- I can't wait to feel what 60 feels like!
Thank you for being an inspiration.
I always thought you were beautiful :)
Post a Comment