
My garden of children tends to be growing quite rapidly :). They are getting bigger everyday. I tend to feed them at least 12 times a day. Maybe more on some days. Notice Bailey's grumpy face. I give them plenty of sunshine and lots of water. I find that good ole TLC works wonders on them. They
definitely grow where they are planted. I try and make the growing conditions and environment just right, but you know sometimes they are a little picky and wilt a little. So that is where the TLC comes in :).

My outside garden has been growing by leaps and bounds too. We have gotten some monstrous squash and zucchini. We have been really blessed with how much we have produced this year. We have frozen a ton and made lots of yummy casseroles and given lots away.

My herb garden has been fabulous. We have had homegrown herbs in all of our food and we can really taste the difference. Each of the girls got to plant an herb. They have done such a wonderful job of watering them and taking great care of them. Of course we helped
Devonney with her herbs. She mostly wanted to pull them out and eat them. We have Basil, Oregano, and Thyme.

Every day I would go out and water and would find about this many ready to pick. The girls had such a fun time helping me pick the veggies. We also have wonderful tomatoes and peas. Even being out in the desert things still grow in abundance. It has been so nice to have home grown veggies this year.

I put a pencil to show the size of the zucchini. They are so huge. I can get about six cups of shredded zucchini out of each one. It is fabulous! My family has eaten a lot of zucchini bread this summer and I am happy to say that even my picky eater loves it!
4 comments:
Katrina, what a cute post! Your kids are beautiful and really are growing so fast. How great to have a huge garden, especially the herbs. I've tried twice to plant and grow basil, but it has died each time- I think I have a black thumb, not like your green thumb. :)
Beautiful children........and garden!
Wonderful! My zucchini has to be hand pollinated to get anything and I guess if I want any melons, I will have to start doing them too. Not a bee in sight these days. Never thought about that being a problem.
LOVE to see new pics of you darling family and so glad that you include you and daddy from time to time too!!
LOVE this post! Your herbs look fabulous. I find I don't use mine that much. I should probably do better with them.
Post a Comment